Friday, January 2, 2009

Lobo's Boots and Realized Dreams...


It's been so long since I've been here, I had forgotten I had already posted this print photo. But - I'm leaving the post as I posted today. (Just illustrates my brain hiccups!) ...and so it goes:


This is the one that started it all...sorta. Many, many years ago I painted a picture of a washtub of roses. It was probably over 15 years ago. ...and it didn't produce many internal oooo's and ahs. There were a couple others in-between then and this one, with a lot of nibbles of creativity here and there. ...and then I got the bug.

This is a 32" x 40" acrylic (or some measurement like that - I'm in bed and don't feel like getting up... kidney stone #6 I'm afraid - and the memory capacity for numbers continuously diminishes!) It is entitled "Lobo's Boots" and I started with the real boots in front of me. I took the liberty of adding the background with a little biker consultation. I was tickled with the results. While I'm usually pretty content with self-satisfaction, the people in Lobo's life KNEW they were his boots. This external validation fueled the fire.

Since Lobo's Boots my art career has gradually moved upward. A charter member of Big River Valley Art Co-op, I'm getting expert instruction from a local professional, I've finished SEVERAL more paintings and feel I can legitimately call myself an artist. Someone besides family and friends have purchased originals and prints, with their new homes from New York City to Tallahassee. I'm stoked and realize I don't have enough time in the day to do what I love!

My plan is to use this blog as a means to share my work, the fun, the frustrations, the lessons and learning that happen as this part of my life develops. In the next few days I will be adding the collection and hope you come back soon!

No comments: