Friday, February 6, 2009

Marvin the Martian, Wolves and Money

I'm watching Dr. Strangelove. ...well, I was listening, and I thought Marvin the Martian had somehow entered the scene. a little humerous second or two.





I think I've been overdue in adding some of my painting photos here. FINALLY, we figured I needed a little more juice in my thyroid medication, and today I've started to feel a little more like the normal me, which includes a tiny bit of adventure and a little more "feel the fear and do it any way" attitude.

Everyone calls my honey Lobo, (to whom belong the boots in an earlier post)and I found an old puzzle of a wolf. I figured I'd give my first 4-legged animal a try. It's the third painting I've finished since I decided to give this painting thing a more serious look. First was the boots, even though I started the blue door first I finished it second. The wolf was a challenge, but fun. Of course, like most perfectionists, I see things that are a little "catiwampus"...but I'm pretty pleased for a first. I did figure something out... do the background first! lol (but I still get excited an forget)

I still have the original and it's for sell... any takers? It's a 16" X 20" acrylic and currently in a barnwood frame. Any offers considered... Setting prices on art initially have been difficult. I've been told, the general rule of thumb is a dollar per square inch. $320? What do you think? How would YOU set your art prices in today's economy?

...oh, and I DO have prints... I'll post sizes and prices shortly!

No comments: