Friday, March 20, 2009

I found the building!

It has always been a dream of mine to own a 2 story downtown building. Store front below, living quarters below. I've found it! (Shown below!)
My art guild was invited by the Carrabelle Artists group for a day of Plein Air painting and everything seems to be falling in place. Carrabelle is noted in the Guiness World Book of Records for having the world's smallest police station, and the property I want is on the same block (stone's throw away). Here are a couple of photographs of the parade (Carrabelle is also the place where soilders trained for the World War II D-Day invasion - the parade was in honor of vets) and another shot taken in nearby Eastpoint.

I'm working on the painting of the patriot riders, it clearly envokes feeling and shows the true understanding of the sacrifices our vets have made. The one below is a typical scene in the area. Just one reason I have truly fallen in love!


Say prayers or send energy (or money if you'd like)! I hope I can find a way to creatively fund the projects I have in mind. Art gallery, recreation program, after-school tutoring, and vacation rental, and vendor/artists rental space. If anyone has any suggestions or knowledge of resources that may be available to aquire the building PLEASE leave a contact or e-mail me. I'm ready to live out my dream and be a community hub for creativity and giving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome,

Good luck with the new move. Exciting, and looks like good crunchy people.

Art of Jana said...

Crunchy??? lol